Best boy friend, P, sent me a link to a deal for $40 prix fixe brunch with bottomless drinks for 2 at Slate Wine Bar recently. Knowing that the lady had Slate on the to-try list, we snatched up the deal. Since they serve brunch on Saturday and Sundays, we were able to fit in a visit the weekend that we left for vacation.
We were the first customers of the day and so we had our choice of tables. The service was very attentive and we had drinks quickly. Luckily, they were willing to let me split between bloody marys and mimosas for my bottomless drink option so I started with a bloody. I watched them pour it and there was A LOT of vodka in that drink. No complaints!
We had the choice between 3 starters, 5 entrees, and 2 desserts. For starters I ordered the donut holes and the lady ordered the caesar salad.
The donuts were AMAZING. Light and flaky and puffy. And well, the salad was a salad.
For entrees, I had the chicken and waffles and the lady had the eggs benedict.
The entrees weren’t anything particularly special. Solidly good, but not best-I’ve-ever-had territory. BUT, at this point, we were feeling our bottomless drinks so we were shoveling it in.
We split the dessert options and I had the tres leches while the lady had the brownie.
I realized right after I ordered that I basically has 3 courses of dessert, so by the time dessert rolled around, I was pretty done with sweet stuff. However, both the desserts were excellent. Overall, it was good, and a pretty decent bottomless brunch deal. Just nothing special.
- Favorite thing I had: It was all pretty decent. I think those donuts holes were the winner.
- Favorite thing she had: The potatoes or the brownie.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: If I were going to go back for another prix fixe brunch, I’d probably order the omelette.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): Ehhh, I’ll go back if someone else has the deal or someone plans something there. The dinner prices are a tad on the pricey side.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): Well, if you want to keep day-drinking, there’s Arcuri, Bourbon, etc.