Breakfast is not often a meal I will go out for, especially during the week. Considering I have to be at work at 7:30am, it’s just easier to do something easy at home. I, however, like to occasionally treat myself. On this particular day, I thought it would be nice instead of going straight to work, working remotely from Farmers, Fishers, and Bakers First Bake (their breakfast service) for a little while. You gotta keep the scenery interesting!
I walked in and took a spot at one of the long tables in the little cafe area, studied the menu, and walked back to the register to place my order. Well, actually I placed my order at the pick up window. But the woman who took my order was very nice and also very patient with me when it was obvious that my brain hadn’t started working yet. They got right to work on my breakfast taco with bacon and cafe latte. Meanwhile, I sat down to check my e-mail and also try to figure out if the girls at the next table were in college or not. They sure were loud for it to be 7:30 in the morning. I wish I had been that awake.
My cafe latte came out first and I had just enough time to get the sweetening down and make it to my table without a spill before my taco was ready. The taco looked and smelled amazing. It was egg, onions, cheese, bacon, and was topped with a little bit of cilantro. I gave it a couple of shakes hot sauce and dug in. It was delightful. Another half of one would have been just the right amount of food. I should have grabbed toast or something on the side.
I sat there for about an hour and half, slowly enjoying the rest of my coffee. It was a nice, relatively quiet place to be. I’d say about 12 people came and went in the time I was there. About half of them took their order to go. It was definitely a less hectic place to be rather than Baked and Wired or Starbucks. It was a nice treat and way to ease into my day.
- Favorite thing I had: That breakfast taco was amazing.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: The donuts!! The English muffins were huge and also looked really tasty.
- What makes this place stand out: The restaurant is right down by the fountain in Washington Harbour, right on the water. I also really love the interior and how light and modern it is.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): I have a feeling I’ll find myself here every couple of weeks.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): Well, at this hour of the day, the only thing open is the Starbucks. So if you need more coffee on your way back to the office. Or, you could go the other direction, hop on a boat, and say screw the whole work day.