My best guy friend told me about Arcuri just a couple of weeks ago. He suggested we bottomless mimosa it there and then head to his roof deck once the weather got nice. The opportunity came sooner than expected, but this time because of bad weather. I found myself parked in front of his place ready to pick him up, just as our Sunday football game was being canceled. Since I was already there, we decided we might as well make the best of it and go to brunch! We collected as many teammates as were willing to head to Glover Park in the cold, pouring rain/sleet/snow and parked at Arcuri for a few hours.
I went bottomless (the whole table did) and started with a Bloody Mary. For food, I decided on the Lemon Ricotta pancakes with blueberries. When the food came, I switched to mimosas. Other dishes at the table included the brunch pizza, the eggs in purgatory, and the egg breakfast sub. Everything looked amazing, and the bite I had of the eggs in purgatory was pretty delightful. I’d order any of those dishes. The pancakes were delicious. They were extremely moist and light. And like pineapple, lemon is one of those things I LOVE. Add blueberries to it and I’m sold.
In the 7 seasons I’ve played in the football league, they’ve never cancelled a game. I was initially annoyed, but was pretty glad I didn’t have to be out in the mud and rain and cold. And really glad that I got to try a great new brunch spot.
- Favorite thing I had: The pancakes! I have to figure out how to make ricotta pancakes at home. I think it might be a new favorite thing in general.
- How was the service?: Really awesome. Our server was personable and didn’t seem to get annoyed with us the closer we got to the bottom of those drinks. The manager was also chatty and great. He overheard me talking about Momo’s and made some other Old Town suggestions.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: The pizza! The server told us all about it, but I was pretty set on those pancakes. The brunch pizza looked so good. They had a really great cocktail menu and beer selection too.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): I think the lady will want to make a trip there soon since she wasn’t with me today. It will get added to our Summer Of Brunch list. Sometime in the next couple of months.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): You’ll need to wander somewhere for a bit to sober up before you drive if you do bottomless (Glover Park is not terribly accessible). If you’re around long enough for your next meal, check out Surfside. If you just need to wander, Whole Foods is always a good bet.