I had seen Bugsy’s in Old Town numerous times, but the siren song of Pizzeria Paradiso and their beer selection had me looking the other way. It wasn’t until I read this post at In A DC Minute, that I even gave the place a second thought. We’re always looking for cheap weekend lunch options, so this place, with a $9 all-you-can-eat lunch buffet, was a must try.
The lady’s sister was in town over the weekend, so we figured this would be a solid, cheap choice. We made it there right around noon, and the place was pretty empty. Starving after a busy and productive morning I basically dropped my jacket on my chair and raced straight the buffet without even sitting down first. There was a quite large, fresh, and well-stocked and fresh salad bar to one side and about 4-5 pizzas on the other side. I loaded up and chowed down. It was not gourmet, but it sure was delicious. I was only able to eat some salad, 2 pieces of deep dish, and one regular crust before I was absolutely stuffed. I was sad I didn’t have room to try more, but we’ll definitely be back!
- Favorite thing I had: There was a white pizza with artichokes, mushrooms, onions, etc. It was awesome. The iced tea, also pretty good!
- Favorite thing she had: The pepperoni deep dish.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: Different kinds of pizza. Next time I hope to catch a veggie one in rotation.
- What makes this place stand out: How cheap it is! Three people stuffed for $30 is pretty excellent.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): This will definitely go into the Saturday lunch options rotation.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): You’re right in the heart of King Street in Old Town. You could get some ice cream next door at Pop’s or go shopping at any of the number of shops nearby.