I knew this was going to be a good experience the first time when I walked in and I recognized the electro-indie song playing. It was cozy and warm on the cold blustery evening and I felt relaxed immediately. Our server’s timing was impeccable. She seemed to show up at the table at the exact right time every time and made an excellent wine suggestion for me despite the sommelier being out for the evening. I was impressed with everything and this place was deemed our new favorite restaurant in the whole city. We loved it so much, we went back to celebrate our 6th anniversary there.
- Favorite thing I’ve had: Everything I’ve ever had there, standouts were the Rigatoni with Fennel Sausage Ragu & Pecorino Romano and the Smoked Ricotta Crostini. Oh and the desserts. Just yum to all of them.
- Favorite thing she had: Ricotta Cavatelli with Spring Peas, Braised Sauerkraut, Bacon, & Mascarpone. A good $10 glass of chardonnay.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: The menu will be changing with the season, so I’m just excited to see what they come up with. What makes this place stand out: Everything was perfect. It was a delicious and sorta fancy meal, but still a fairly casual place.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): Tomorrow, if we could afford to. This one has to be between next month and special occasion.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): Boundary Stone, Big Bear Cafe, Rustik Neighborhood Tavern