We finished up at Sticky Fingers and weren’t yet ready to go home, so we wandered over to the 11 St. area to check out one of the places on our list. A diner/cafe/bar owned by the same people who own Tryst in Adam’s Morgan. I was expecting it to be jam-packed crowded, because Tryst always is, but it was perfect. We walked right in and got a table near the bar. We had plenty of options in any of the sections we wanted to be in. We weren’t sure what we were really in the mood for: coffee, tea, cocktails, beer, wine, or more food, so making our way through the menu took a while, but we each found something to enjoy. And found plenty of other stuff we’d go back for.
- Favorite thing I had: The only thing I had, The Arctic Mule. Basically a Moscow Mule. Served in a mason jar and probably the best one I’ve ever had.
- Favorite thing she had: The Apple Cider donuts were AMAZING.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: Any of the food. The chicken and waffles jumped out at me. More cocktails.
- What makes this place stand out: It’s a very cozy space. There is a cafe/diner and a bar, with comfy chairs and lounge areas in between. The lighting was perfect. I just wanted to curl up with a book or my blog and spend an afternoon there.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): Next week. I want to get back really soon to try the food.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): There’s all sorts of awesome stuff within a couple of blocks. Room 11 or Maple.