This place has become my new favorite and is probably my favorite brewery (brewpub) in DC right now. They have a huge selection of beer (20 on tap, 5 cask) of varying styles with plenty of sweeter, less-hoppy brews for me to enjoy. I can’t try any fewer than 4 beers when I’m here, because there are just so many that appeal to me. The first time we went was to brunch with an old friend and her beer-enthusiast boyfriend. It was a great time catching up with and exploring new beers with someone as equally as excited about finding new brews. The food was excellent too. Another win for The Neighborhood Restaurant Group.
- Favorite thing I’ve had: The Eggs in Purgatory for brunch. As for beers: The Betty, Nu Order, Mexican Radio, Siren Song.
- Favorite thing she had: The Nutella donut. Siren Song.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: I can’t wait to see what other beers they come up with, especially with it being almost time for summer brews.
- What makes this place stand out: The space is a converted arsenal (hence the name), so it’s huge, industrial. There are 3 floors worth of fermentation tanks. It’s pretty incredible. It’s also one of the few places to go near Nats stadium.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): Sometime between next week and next month (to give the draft list some time to turn over). I’m sure it will be a regular stop during baseball season.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): Buzz Bakery next door, a National’s game.