We made impromptu Saturday evening plans to go out with my personal trainer and friend, who just happens to be vegan. She suggested that we go to Sticky Fingers Bakery. I had heard of it before, but had never really felt compelled to check it out on my own. My past experience with vegan baked goods was not terribly positive. We checked the menu to make sure we meat-eaters would have some acceptable options and agreed to make the trip. We’ve been meaning to start exploring Columbia Heights and this felt like a good starting point. I was a little skeptical of the menu when we got there, nothing really jumped out at me but I settled on a salad. I was not disappointed. And if I hadn’t known the cupcake I had was vegan, I may not have guessed. I was impressed and am glad that this vegan baked good experience was much better.
- Favorite thing I had: The Power Salad. It was a HUGE plate of kale and other goodies and I ate every bite of it. The Peanut Butter Fudge cupcake was on point too.
- Most interesting thing I want to try next time: Boozy milkshakes, any of the other baked goods!
- What makes this place stand out: It’s entirely vegan, without question.
- How soon I’d go back (tomorrow/next week/next month/special occasions): Next time I’m in the neighborhood and want a treat. UPDATE: I woke up craving that salad, so I might have to make a special trip soon.
- Places to go afterward (what’s nearby): One of the several bars in Columbia Heights. Meridian Pint, Kangaroo Boxing Club, The Coupe.